Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good Morning, America!

This is Wendel Wordsworth...A new friend. A new obsession. A new reminder to stay young at heart.

When I was creating this graphic, which will be page 1 of a picture book I'm currently writing and illustrating, and thought of Wendel awakening to a new day, a new adventure, I thought about our nation.

It's a new day for each of us. Officially it begins Tuesday, when President-elect Obama is sworn in. But even this afternoon, as I watched on TV festivities in DC, listened to him briefly speak to the thousands upon thousands of Americans gathered on the Mall, standing before the Lincoln Memorial, I sensed the new day dawning.

May we all be like Wendel, open to possibilities, stretching into the new day, filled with anticipation and hope.

Oh, beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain...

And The Dream...

Diana

No comments: